Resources for Sleep
- Link > Scientist Warns Against Walking Through 'Life in An Underslept State' Matthew Walkers Interview on NPR's "Fresh Air"
- Link > How to Sleep Better: Simple Rules For Getting Better Sleep: Ideas for Sleep Hygiene
- Link > Getting Enough Sleep and Your Health National Graphic Article
From the National Geographic Article;
- STAGES OF SLEEP: In this piece, author Michael Finkel breaks down the stages of sleep, their importance, and the incredible risk of missing out on rest.
- DEPRIVATION EPIDEMIC: According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 80 million American adults are chronically sleep deprived, meaning they sleep less than the recommended minimum of seven hours a night.
- THE RISK OF SLEEPINESS: While the proliferation of light and digital devices has made sleep the adversary to a non-stop lifestyle, lack of sleep has shown an increased risk for illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, and dementia. Scientists say sleep may be more important than food.